Atlanta pet owners - Do you have an aging pet or a pet suffering from arthritis, joint conditions, gastrointestinal or reproductive disorders? Pet acupuncture can help pets with many chronic ailments!
Inman Park Animal Hospital in Atlanta offers pet acupuncture services for cats and dogs!
Acupuncture is the practice of inserting needles into the body tissue in order to relieve both localized and general pain and inflammation. Acupuncture can stimulate the release of toxins and wastes and improve blood circulation and oxygenation.
Some of the clinical conditions where veterinary acupuncture may be recommended:
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Respiratory problems - sinusitis, laryngitis, bronchial asthma, chronic coughing, pneumonia
- Neurological disorders
- Nerve paralysis
- Musculoskeletal disorders - chronic degenerative joint disease, intervertebral disc disease, spondylosis, hip dysplasia, disunited anconeal process, tendonitis, sprains, muscle spasms e.g. trapezius spasm
- Reproductive, endocrine, and metabolic disorders - ovarian cysts, dystocia, retained placenta, uterine prolapse, mastitis, udder edema, milk fever, hepatitis, jaundice
- Immunosupportive and allergic disorders
- Dermatologic disorders - lick granulomas, allergic dermatitis
- Urinary disorders - incontinence, cystitis, urine retention
- Pet emergencies - cardiac arrest or respiratory arrest
Meet Your Atlanta Pet Acupuncturist - Surabhi Kumar, DVM, CVA
Dr. Surabhi Kumar's professional interests include senior pet care which led to a certification in small animal acupuncture through the Chi Institute (Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist). Pet acupuncture has allowed her to offer a better quality of life not only for senior pets but also for patients suffering from chronic ailments.
Dr. Kumar was featured on CNN's Weekend Express HLN for her pet acupuncture services!
Inman Park Animal Hospital Pet Acupuncture Testimonial
Meet Hannah, a sweet 15-year-old Shephard mix who has been suffering from arthritis in the hips and hindlimbs. After just 2 pet acupuncture sessions, Hannah is feeling stronger and walking with a more confident gait. She is enjoying her sessions! Finds them relaxing. The acupuncture at Inman Park is definitely helping with her arthritis - thank you!